Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart


"Let's put over 30 years of legal experience to work for you!"



Operating Under the Influence of Intoxicating Liquor or Drugs

Clients regularly seek our representation in criminal cases involving Operating Under the Influence of Intoxicating Liquor or Drugs (or DWI), and other misdemeanor cases. If you have been arrested and are in need of help, call us for a consultation.

DWI actually involves two separate and distinct punishment processes. 1. The Court System, and 2. The State Motor Vehicle Department. And as of January 1, 2016 it is possible to get a work related "driver's license" after a first conviction under certain conditions with Court approval.  

1. Court System

First Offense: If found guilty you will receive a fine of $500 - $1,200 + 24% administrative fee from the court and a minimum loss of license for nine (9) months to two (2) years with the right to have six months suspended if you successfully complete an impaired drive program.

Subsequent Offense and Aggravated DWI: You will receive an increased fine, serve jail time, be required to attend an in-house treatment program and put in place a driver interlock device on your vehicle at your expense that will require you to blow randomly into a tube to ensure you have no alcohol in your breath or the car will shut off.

2. Motor Vehicle Department  

In addition to the Court's penalties and fines; the department of motor vehicles will suspend your license for a minimum of six (6) months, none of which can be suspended. If you chose to take a breath, blood, or urine test the six moths will be served at the same time as the Court's suspension, if you did not the six months will be served after your Court imposed suspension has ended. In addition, if this is a second or aggravated offense or you have other motor vehicle charges your suspension will be longer and you may be certified an Habitual Offender.


Other Charges

If you have been charged with a crime do not speak to the police without an attorney present. If questioned BE POLITE, but insist upon an attorney. It is the police officer's job to solve crimes and get a conviction. No matter how friendly or supportive the officer seems, BE POLITE AND RESPECTFUL, but insist upon an attorney. You may want to talk to the officer with your attorney, but not alone. Seek counsel, everything you say will be used against you.